Jul 26, 2015

Training Recap: Week Six: (July 20-July 26)

This week was a little crazy. There are some changes going on in my home so I haven't been sleeping really well. I am still trying to adjust but it has definitely taken a toll on my energy level. I have actually been taking naps on the weekend to get back some of those lost hours of sleep. I guess that would explain why I woke up late on Saturday and missed my 5K!

Here is a recap of Week Six:

Monday: Strength Training: I made the mistake of coming home, eating dinner and then telling myself that I was going to lay in my bed and rest for an hour before heading to the gym. The gym never happened so I did my own thing at home. My stomach was sore the next day from those leg lifts!

Tuesday: 6.33 Mile Speedwork:  I was a little nervous going into this one because it was the hardest one yet. I nailed all of my intervals but boy was I glad when it was all over.

WednesdayStrength Training: I worked out with a friend who goes to a much fancier fitness center than I do. They have Woodway treadmills at her gym so I ran on a Woodway for the first time. It felt much harder than the treadmills that I am used to running on so it was a new experience for me. I am not sure how @runemz does it! I guess she is just a ROCKSTAR!

Thursday: 3.63 Miles Easy. I broke in a new pair of Brooks Glycerin 13's and I love them. They have so much cushion that I feel like I am running on a cloud. I have been running in the 12's for the past few months and I love them but the 13's have a lot more cushion than the 12's. Transitioning from an old model to a new one is always scary and I have had some bad experiences in the past so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Friday: REST DAY: I decided to rest my legs before my 5K the following day.

Saturday: Well the 5K did not happen. I did not set my alarm because I never need it. I automatically wake up at 4-5am everyday but was awakened by a 4.3 earthquake at almost 6am instead. I did not have enough time to get ready and head to the race because it was not local.

I felt really guilty about missing the 5K so I got up and ran my 11 mile long run instead which I was planning to do on Sunday. I was already a mess about missing the 5K and the earthquake so it did not go very well at all. It was hot and I was dragging but I finally got into my run the last 6 miles. These kind of runs can be real confidence killers but you have to move on and take the good with the bad.

I wasn't sure how I was going to explain to my coach that I missed the 5k because I overslept but then I got this text message from him. 

Sunday: Strength Training

TOTAL MILES: 21 
My mileage is going to increase a bit this coming week and I am excited about it because it will be a challenge for me. The weekly mileage will be very close to past training cycles but will now include the strength training. I have a 16 miler coming up so I am looking for some new scenery to run in since my running club will only be doing 6 miles this weekend. The weather is not looking very promising so I have to start planning it all out.
 
 Do you look at the weather forecast and plan your weekly runs or do you just go with the flow?


No comments:

Post a Comment