Aug 5, 2014

I Have Decided on a Fall Marathon or Two...

I am still undecided as to whether or not I will run the Ventura full marathon or just the half on my birthday. I am training to run a full marathon so I have committed to running the Long Beach Marathon so all of this training does not go to waste. If I decide to run the Ventura Marathon then it looks like I will still be running Long Beach Marathon as well.
Ventura and Long Beach are about a month apart and I know it is a bit much. I have put some thought into it and I have a plan. I will be running Long Beach with a friend at a much easier pace than my current marathon pace. Her goal is to come in between 4:30-5:00 hours so I think that this pace will be a safe one for me should I decide to run both. If I am not up to running both then I will make the right decision. Injury is not fun and I won't put myself at risk if I am not feeling up to it.

Thoughts on running two marathons a month apart? 

Any tips on how to maintain my training in between the two?
I am not sure how I will train in between the two but I know that I plan to take a week off after Ventura to give my body time to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment