Jul 21, 2014

Weekly Recap: 7/14-7/20

Last week was a very challenging one for me and I ended up feeling really tired come Monday. I planned to tone down the pace on a couple of my runs so that I felt ready take on my long 20 mile run. I wanted to make sure that I had gas in the tank to finish my run strong.

Monday: I was pretty tired Monday morning so I decided to take a complete rest day. I did zero running and zero strength training. I pretty much came home from work, ate dinner and laid on my bed and watched TV. I really needed it and I am glad I allowed myself to take a little break.

Tuesday: 7 Mile Tempo Run@7:59 avg. pace

Wednesday: 5 Miles Easy@9:31/This run almost didn't happen because I was feeling really tired when I got home from work. I had an easy 5 on the schedule so I figured I would just do it even it was not a great one. In the end I was glad I stuck with the plan and got it done.

Thursday: Rest Day with strength training and meet by met my plank goal of 5 minutes! I think I am going to keep going to see how much longer I can hold one. I am sure it won't get much better because I shake pretty bad in the end.

Friday: 20.07 Miles@8:53 avg pace/I ran Miles 1-7@MGP plus 30-60 seconds and Miles 8-20 @MGP plus 15-30 seconds. I actually felt good throughout this entire run but I am sure that the 63 degree weather played a big role in it!

Saturday: Rest Day with strength training with the focus on my arms and core. My legs felt great coming off of the 20 miles so I wanted to rest them. I was tired and took a three hour afternoon nap which I never do. It felt kind of nice!

Sunday: 6.03 Miles@9:32 avg pace/Ran the first 5 miles with my other half and the last mile alone. I also did my squats since today will be a rest day from running.

Total Miles: 38.10

Week three of the Summer Run Challenge complete and I hit my goal for the week.  I am at 110 miles for the month of July which is really close to my goal of 150 miles! Ventura is just seven weeks away and before you know it, it will be race day! I am looking forward to my birthday race and hoping for good weather.


How was your week? Did you run any races?

7 comments:

  1. I hope the weather is good for your race, too! Congrats on the mileage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Fingers crossed for the weather or else I will just run the half marathon.

      Delete
  2. Great week of workouts and with all your mileage in July, you are kicking some butt :)
    I had a pretty good week, last week was fairly easy and concentrated on recovery from the half I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! It is good to see you back out there taking care of business like you always do! You ran a great half! Congratulations!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the fast 20 miler and the 5 min. plank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I dread those 20 milers but I know that they will help me on race day.

      Delete
  4. Great week! Way to get out there & get that 20 miler done! That always helps the mental side of things. Great job!

    ReplyDelete