Jul 10, 2014

Three Things Thursday


1. My goal for July is to run 150 miles so I signed up for The Bigfoot Challenge over at http://www.teamigotyaback.com/#cac5. I saw it on Instagram and decided to try it since it is already in line with the mileage I had planned for the month of July. I hope I can do it but as we all know that sometimes life gets in the way and we have to make changes in our running schedule. I don't follow the recommended running schedule because it does not work with my schedule but the mileage I have planned will meet the goal if I can stick with it. Wish me luck!

2. I am thinking about running the Cypress 5K again this year. I ran it last year and got the worst side ache so that is all that keeps playing in my head. I am going to wait until the last minute to sign up to make sure I am ready for it. 5K's are short but oh so painful! If I run it, my goal will be to break 23 minutes (22:59) and I am not sure if I am capable of that right now.

3. This is kind of a sad thought but it has been on my mind for the past few days. I was driving to meet my carpool on Tuesday morning and I saw something in the road. I assumed it was a dead animal and sure enough it was. I decided to change lanes to avoid hitting the dead dog and when I made the lane change, I noticed a small white dog laying in the dummy lane who was still alive. I presume that he was waiting there for his buddy that had just got hit by a car. It was just really sad and just makes me realize how darn faithful dogs are. I did not stop because it was really dark where the dog was at and I did not want to scare him and make him run into traffic because of me. I drove past the same spot after work because I wanted to make sure that he did not get hit too. He was not there so I was relieved to know that perhaps someone rescued him or he made it to safety. This just makes me love my fur babies that much more!

Today is my Friday since I have the day off tomorrow so have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. 5Ks really are so painful…even the thought makes me cringe! But at least they are over quickly :) Good luck getting 150 miles, I think you can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be lucky to make it to 150 this month but if I don't I am okay with it since I don't want to risk an injury by pushing too hard. I have learned my lesson with that. 5k's are crazy but I haven't ran one in a while and I hope I am brave enough to pull the trigger!

      Delete
  2. As an animal lover I am sad when I read such stories.
    Of course I wish you good luck to reach your goal.
    The 5 km? Do it and run like the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/12/2014

    Run like the wind hon! I am no good at 5ks...it usually takes me that long to warm up. LOL

    ReplyDelete