May 21, 2014

A Not So Wonderful Week of Running...

Being sick is not fun! Heck, I never get sick! I had a horrible cough that would not quit and trying to run was not fun. Whatever I had just took me down and I was completely exhausted. I finally got a run in on Thursday and it felt great to be running again. My motivation to run came from me wanting to try out my new yurbuds which actually stayed in my ears while I run!
 
Sunday I went out for 9 miles and it was great. I didn't worry about pace but just wanted to go the distance without putting any pressure on myself. I think I have been in non-stop training mode for a couple years now and I have just been feeling burned out lately. Bad timing! When I start to feel this way, I have to just let myself run for the enjoyment of it because I love running and I don't want that to change. When running starts to feel like work then it is not fun for me anymore. Don't get me wrong, running requires tons of commitment and hard work but sometimes I just have to take a step back and remind myself why I really run. I run for me.
 
And just like that it is race week! I am certainly not feeling very positive about this race. I know that the training did not go as planned like it did last year when I ran this same race and I think that is what has me so discouraged. I am still not 100% decided if I will be out there on Sunday. My mind is preoccupied with a million other things these days which are probably more important to me than running.

How was your week? Any upcoming races?

No comments:

Post a Comment